QC116a - RF Coupler End-Item Data Package:
RF coupler shall meet the requirements of IPC 6018 “Microwave End Product Board Inspection and Test” performance class 3 “High Reliability Electronic Products,” unless otherwise specified by the Subcontract/Purchase Order (PO)
- Coupons shall meet the requirements of IPC-6012 (Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards) performance class 3 “High Reliability Electronic Products”, unless otherwise specified by the Subcontract/PO.
- Two coupons shall come from diagonal corners of the same panel of the finished coupler lot of each configuration type.
- When required, additional coupons shall be provided in accordance with the Subcontract/PO requirements.
- One coupon shall be subjected 3 times to IPC TM-650 Method 2.6.27 (Thermal Stress, Convection Reflow Assembly Simulation), reflow profiles per Table 5-2 after preconditioning for 4-6 hours at 105°C.
- Coupons shall be properly marked for identification and traceability:
- Part number
- Revision letter
- Panel number
- Serial number
- Inner layers shall be 100% inspected via optical inspection. A signed optical inspection Certificate of Conformance shall be provided.
- Photographs of inner layer from 3 samples at a minimum of 10x magnification.
- Results of conductor width, spacing, and thickness measured at a minimum of 40x magnification.
- Post reflow (IPC TM-650 Method 2.6.27) coupon test report that includes evaluation from the cross-section:
4. Conductive width and thickness measurements
5. Dielectric width and thickness measurements
- Completed and signed traveler.
- All material certificates - all material used shall be traceable to the manufacturer’s lot number / date code.
Acceptance of the couplers is contingent upon JPL Receiving Inspection and coupon End-Item Data Package review by the JPL Part Specialist.