QC121a - Tape Quality Requirements:
- All items shall have a plastic center roll.
- Each order shall not exceed three different lots for traceability purposes.
- All items shall be free of foreign particles and shall pass a JPL visual inspection that may include a black light.
Source Inspection Requirements
- All items shall be packaged individually into bags that meet the following requirements:
- Transparent, metal-in static shielding
- Printed with an ESD warning symbol
- Open top and heat sealable
- Tested to meet and exceed the electrical and physical requirements of Static Shielding Bags, ANSI/ESD S541
- ANSI/ESD 20.20 program compliant
- With ½ Unit Desiccant Packs –Tyvek Clay Desiccant Pack
- Pink poly shall not be used in any of the packaging materials
- The supplier shall label the inside of the roll and the outside of the ESD bag with the following information:
- JPL Part Number
- JPL Inspection Report Number (if source inspection is required, see “Source Inspection Requirements below)
- Manufacturer’s Lot Number
- Expiration Date
- When specified in the Subcontract/Purchase Order, JPL Quality Assurance shall perform a quality inspection on-site at the Subcontractor’s facility.
- Subcontractor shall leave the bags unsealed for JPL source inspection.
- Subcontractor shall apply JPL provided inspection tamper seals to the inside of the roll prior to sealing. If the tamper seals are larger than the inside thickness of the roll, Subcontractor shall apply the seals outside of the ESD bags.