QC132 – Metallic Powder Requirements for Additive Manufacturing:
Powder lot - Powder produced by a certified supplier in one production run, using the same process, equipment, and one type of powder
The Subcontractor shall meet the requirements of Section 5.1 of JPL Spec D-101742. All sections listed henceforth are contained in JPL Spec D-101742.
The following test results shall be delivered with shipment:
- Particle size distribution, if required by the Subcontract/Purchase Order, per Section 22.214.171.124
- Powder composition
- Results shall conform to the material specification listed in the contract or drawing
- In the case where compositional requirements differ between the drawing and the contract, the contract requirements shall supersede the drawing
- Rheology, if required by the Subcontract/Purchase Order, per Section 126.96.36.199
All certifications and test reports required shall be traceable to the powder lot of the original powder manufacturer. Documentation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate of Compliance (C of C) Requirements
Packaging, Handling, and Labeling
- Manufacturer identification
- Subcontract/Purchase Order number
- Country of Origin
- Shall comply with the most current JPL Designated Countries List
- Material designation
- Specifications including revision numbers or letters to which the material has been tested and/or inspected
- Powder production date / Lot code
The Subcontractor shall meet the requirements listed in Sections 5.1.4 and 11.